Nombre del Producto
Tropical Hardwood timber products from Nicaragua
Detalles del Producto
Global Vision Trading S.A. is a newly formed company that markets and sells tropical hardwoods, specifically from Nicaragua. In September 2007, Hurricane Felix devastated over 2 million acres of previously protected rain forest, struck the RAAN, the northeast department on the Atlantic side of Nicaragua. The Nicaraguan government has since passed new laws to allow these areas to be harvested with approved “Sustainable Forest Management Plans”. With the co-ordination between Global Vision Trading S.A., the local landowners, and both regional and national government, the region will benefit from employment opportunities, local reconstruction and infrastructure as well as financial injections to help stimulate the local economy.
Today, Lumber is the third most important commodity in the world after Oil and Coffee. Harvesting the hurricane wood will achieve carbon sequestration for the life of the product. Leaving the trees to decompose on the ground will cause the emission of greenhouse gases, such as methane and CO2. The tropical forest is the best land use for the RAAN, providing more jobs and more local industry.
Global Vision’s plan includes the stewardship and use of the forest in a way, and at a rate, that maintains its biodiversity, productivity, regeneration capacity, vitality and the potential to fulfill, now and in the future, relevant ecological, economic and social functions, at local, national, and global levels, and that does not cause damage to other ecosystems.
Global Vision Trading S.A. has coordinated and contracted with local landowners and has also obtained the necessary Governmental approvals to export all marketable species.
The lumber in our project is exceptionally valuable for the following reasons－
1. All of the timber is legally harvested
2. Large volumes of timber allow for a steady, continuous supply.
3. We specialize in sustainable sourced tropical hardwood lumber, Square logs, semi-dimensional sawn lumber, canted (timbers) and other products for export.
4. The available species include many that cannot be harvested legally anywhere else in the world.
5. Because much of this timber was previously under protection orders, Nicaragua does not have a track record of shipping this type of timber. Therefore, many traditional buyers are unaware of this opportunity. This is a unique situation since this harvesting and extraction is being encouraged by both Nicaraguan and International bodies instead of the opposite almost everywhere else in the world with similar types of precious hardwoods.
Global Vision’s goal is to provide legally harvested, eco-friendly precious hardwoods to a global marketplace whilst providing sustainable economic and employment opportunities for the local communities.
Shipping and Loading Options：
There are a number of options available when it comes to the shipping of the lumber to various locations around the world. The most suitable option will depend on order size, order frequency & consistency, final location and most importantly price.
Global Vision Trading S.A. has the ability to ship by truck from east to west sea ports-Corinto located in Nicaragua. This provides to ship via the Pacific oceans.
Strong relationships with the Port Authorities and a depth of experience within the business, provides Global Vision Trading S.A. with the capabilities to solve the logistical and freighting challenges that may be presented.
Nombre de la Compañía